If you ask me, Party Crashers get an undeservedly bad rap; during my own freshman year at college, I spent some of my best times, and made quite a few good friends, at parties neither I nor anyone I was with (or even knew) had been invited to. Of course, not all uninvited guests are quite as considerate as yours truly. Case in point: A. Wolf and Kristo of The Freshmen, whose latest mixtape leak (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) finds them recounting a night of debauchery as entertaining to listen to as it must have been arduous to clean up after. With crewmate THX‘s woozy, accordion-laced grooves banging in the back, the emcees proudly describe the havoc they wreaked at a recent soiree, “The party crasher,the party crasher, walk into your house like I’m trippin’ off acid, talkin’ to your spouse like ‘Where’d you find that sh*t?’” There is a purpose to the chaos, however—the real targets of their rampage are the musical “posers and re-runs” who insist on rehashing old sounds and styles ad infinitum. While Party Crashers (the mixtape) has yet to receive a solid drop date, those digging it can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.