If you ask me, Party Crashers get an undeservedly bad rap; during my own freshman year at college, I spent some of my best times, and made quite a few good friends, at parties neither I nor anyone I was with (or even knew) had been invited to. Of course, not all uninvited guests are quite as considerate as yours truly. Case in point: A. Wolf and Kristo of The Freshmen, whose latest mixtape leak (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) finds them recounting a night of debauchery as entertaining to listen to as it must have been arduous to clean up after. With crewmate THX‘s woozy, accordion-laced grooves banging in the back, the emcees proudly describe the havoc they wreaked at a recent soiree, “The party crasher,the party crasher, walk into your house like I’m trippin’ off acid, talkin’ to your spouse like ‘Where’d you find that sh*t?’” There is a purpose to the chaos, however—the real targets of their rampage are the musical “posers and re-runs” who insist on rehashing old sounds and styles ad infinitum. While Party Crashers (the mixtape) has yet to receive a solid drop date, those digging it can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.