For proof that hip-hop has truly gone global, take a listen to the eclectic sounds of The Foreign Exchange: producer Nicolay hails from Holland, while mic-man Phonte (of Little Brother) hails from Raleigh, North Carolina. Both cultures mesh impeccably on their melodic masterpiece of a lead single, Daykeeper, which features guest artist Muhnisah. Beginning with an eerie, hollow tone, the record transforms into a guitar-driven track by song’s end, with somewhat relaxed vocals chiming in and out. A unique work from start to finish, the record discusses people who are so infatuated with their lovers, they expect them never to leave. Their appropriately-titled LP, Leave It All Behind, is due October 14. [Click Here to Download, Courtesy of F.E.]
Written by Carly on 09/11/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All the Kisses" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.