Not featured in the Booth since dropping off So What if It Is back in January, First in Flight State innovators The Foreign Exchange compensate for their extended absence by doubling up on their latest feature. The newly-released lead single off the crew’s fifth studio album unfolds in two distinct movements. The first, Call It Home, features frontman Phonte crooning cyptic, introspective lyrics over an ethereal, yet driving brokenbeat groove. Producer Nicolay dials back the intensity for part two, Pity, which incorporates rapped bars from the Little Brother alumnus. Has this atmospheric medley piqued your interest? If so, you can look forward to more dope surprises on the duo’s Love in Flying Colors LP, dropping September 24, via +FE Music.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
R&B/electronic/hip-hop duo The Foreign Exchange (Phonte & Nicolay) have unleashed its latest full-length, Love in Flying Colors. Their first release since dropping Dear Friends: An Evening With the Foreign Exchange in 2011,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Daykeeper ft. Muhsinah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.