Not featured in the Booth since dropping off So What if It Is back in January, First in Flight State innovators The Foreign Exchange compensate for their extended absence by doubling up on their latest feature. The newly-released lead single off the crew’s fifth studio album unfolds in two distinct movements. The first, Call It Home, features frontman Phonte crooning cyptic, introspective lyrics over an ethereal, yet driving brokenbeat groove. Producer Nicolay dials back the intensity for part two, Pity, which incorporates rapped bars from the Little Brother alumnus. Has this atmospheric medley piqued your interest? If so, you can look forward to more dope surprises on the duo’s Love in Flying Colors LP, dropping September 24, via +FE Music.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Daykeeper ft. Muhsinah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.