Not featured in the Booth since dropping off So What if It Is back in January, First in Flight State innovators The Foreign Exchange compensate for their extended absence by doubling up on their latest feature. The newly-released lead single off the crew’s fifth studio album unfolds in two distinct movements. The first, Call It Home, features frontman Phonte crooning cyptic, introspective lyrics over an ethereal, yet driving brokenbeat groove. Producer Nicolay dials back the intensity for part two, Pity, which incorporates rapped bars from the Little Brother alumnus. Has this atmospheric medley piqued your interest? If so, you can look forward to more dope surprises on the duo’s Love in Flying Colors LP, dropping September 24, via +FE Music.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Daykeeper ft. Muhsinah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.