Not featured in the Booth since dropping off So What if It Is back in January, First in Flight State innovators The Foreign Exchange compensate for their extended absence by doubling up on their latest feature. The newly-released lead single off the crew’s fifth studio album unfolds in two distinct movements. The first, Call It Home, features frontman Phonte crooning cyptic, introspective lyrics over an ethereal, yet driving brokenbeat groove. Producer Nicolay dials back the intensity for part two, Pity, which incorporates rapped bars from the Little Brother alumnus. Has this atmospheric medley piqued your interest? If so, you can look forward to more dope surprises on the duo’s Love in Flying Colors LP, dropping September 24, via +FE Music.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
R&B/electronic/hip-hop duo The Foreign Exchange (Phonte & Nicolay) have unleashed its latest full-length, Love in Flying Colors. Their first release since dropping Dear Friends: An Evening With the Foreign Exchange in 2011,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Daykeeper ft. Muhsinah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)