Not featured in the Booth since dropping off So What if It Is back in January, First in Flight State innovators The Foreign Exchange compensate for their extended absence by doubling up on their latest feature. The newly-released lead single off the crew’s fifth studio album unfolds in two distinct movements. The first, Call It Home, features frontman Phonte crooning cyptic, introspective lyrics over an ethereal, yet driving brokenbeat groove. Producer Nicolay dials back the intensity for part two, Pity, which incorporates rapped bars from the Little Brother alumnus. Has this atmospheric medley piqued your interest? If so, you can look forward to more dope surprises on the duo’s Love in Flying Colors LP, dropping September 24, via +FE Music.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Daykeeper ft. Muhsinah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.