With tunes that they describe as being “true to the heart” it’s no surprise that Denver based hip-hop collective The FoodChain See Light on their latest The FoodChain Summer series entry. As the song begins it’s a bit hard to predict where in fact it’ll go, thanks to the introductory mix of keys and spacey synths, but See Light soon finds its pace when the beat officially kicks in after roughly 20 seconds. The arsenal of emcee’s in the collective then take on See Light with refreshing optimism as they drop back to back verses with commendable energy. Producer Mo Heat throws in the occasional scratch on the song’s uplifting production, which keeps with the song’s original blend of various keys. See Light serves as the seventh entry in the group’s KMG-presented The FoodChain Summer series.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/10/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.