With tunes that they describe as being “true to the heart” it’s no surprise that Denver based hip-hop collective The FoodChain See Light on their latest The FoodChain Summer series entry. As the song begins it’s a bit hard to predict where in fact it’ll go, thanks to the introductory mix of keys and spacey synths, but See Light soon finds its pace when the beat officially kicks in after roughly 20 seconds. The arsenal of emcee’s in the collective then take on See Light with refreshing optimism as they drop back to back verses with commendable energy. Producer Mo Heat throws in the occasional scratch on the song’s uplifting production, which keeps with the song’s original blend of various keys. See Light serves as the seventh entry in the group’s KMG-presented The FoodChain Summer series.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.