With tunes that they describe as being “true to the heart” it’s no surprise that Denver based hip-hop collective The FoodChain See Light on their latest The FoodChain Summer series entry. As the song begins it’s a bit hard to predict where in fact it’ll go, thanks to the introductory mix of keys and spacey synths, but See Light soon finds its pace when the beat officially kicks in after roughly 20 seconds. The arsenal of emcee’s in the collective then take on See Light with refreshing optimism as they drop back to back verses with commendable energy. Producer Mo Heat throws in the occasional scratch on the song’s uplifting production, which keeps with the song’s original blend of various keys. See Light serves as the seventh entry in the group’s KMG-presented The FoodChain Summer series.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.