Well, this is quite refreshing. For months, I have been raving about the talents of former Floetry member Marsha Ambrosious. Little did I know, her ex-bandmate, The Floacist (previously known as Natalie), is also still pumping out great material like a well-priced Sunoco. Her new single, Forever, is a soulful ballad, also featuring supremely smooth soul singer Music Soulchild, on which the U.K. artist proves she’s got some serious skills of her own. While this may be Floacist’s inaugural Booth feature, her vocals and songwriting abilities are that of a veteran; the soul diva delivers an outstanding performance over the beautiful, slow building beat that producer JR Huston creates, so if you think she lost her groove, recognize that Stella’s back. And while Musiq’s contributions are brief, they are also pivotal: his sweet singing voice really takes this track from good to great. So grab that special someone, turn down the lights, and prepare to make your love last forever right now. Those looking for even more romantically inclined music can cop this song and Floacist’s new album, Floetic Soul, coming “soon.”
Written by Quentin Cuff on 09/23/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.