In philosophy, a dualist is someone who conceives the world in terms of rigid metaphysical oppositions like good/evil, mind/body and beats/rhymes. I’m not going to go into the reasons here, but it is an extremely wacky way of thinking. By contrast, production duo The Dualists are far more interested in crafting hip-swiveling beats than in dropping knowledge about Descartes. Fresh off making their grand entrance onto the scene with PJ Morton‘s Adam Levine-assisted Heavy back in February, the Los Angeles/London-representing duo introduce themselves to the DJBooth readership with Shotgun, a body-moving promo cuts which finds vocalist Gary Pinto showcasing his falsetto over the headliners’ lush funk-soul boardwork. Currently featured in a series of iTunes commercials across Europe, this record may not be attached to a larger project, but it should fulfill its intended purpose and pique the interest of pop-lovers in the Booth and beyond. As always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.