In philosophy, a dualist is someone who conceives the world in terms of rigid metaphysical oppositions like good/evil, mind/body and beats/rhymes. I’m not going to go into the reasons here, but it is an extremely wacky way of thinking. By contrast, production duo The Dualists are far more interested in crafting hip-swiveling beats than in dropping knowledge about Descartes. Fresh off making their grand entrance onto the scene with PJ Morton‘s Adam Levine-assisted Heavy back in February, the Los Angeles/London-representing duo introduce themselves to the DJBooth readership with Shotgun, a body-moving promo cuts which finds vocalist Gary Pinto showcasing his falsetto over the headliners’ lush funk-soul boardwork. Currently featured in a series of iTunes commercials across Europe, this record may not be attached to a larger project, but it should fulfill its intended purpose and pique the interest of pop-lovers in the Booth and beyond. As always, keep it locked for the latest.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.