In philosophy, a dualist is someone who conceives the world in terms of rigid metaphysical oppositions like good/evil, mind/body and beats/rhymes. I’m not going to go into the reasons here, but it is an extremely wacky way of thinking. By contrast, production duo The Dualists are far more interested in crafting hip-swiveling beats than in dropping knowledge about Descartes. Fresh off making their grand entrance onto the scene with PJ Morton‘s Adam Levine-assisted Heavy back in February, the Los Angeles/London-representing duo introduce themselves to the DJBooth readership with Shotgun, a body-moving promo cuts which finds vocalist Gary Pinto showcasing his falsetto over the headliners’ lush funk-soul boardwork. Currently featured in a series of iTunes commercials across Europe, this record may not be attached to a larger project, but it should fulfill its intended purpose and pique the interest of pop-lovers in the Booth and beyond. As always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 08/23/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.