A whopping three years after the release of junior album Love King, LP number four in The-Dream‘s Love series is just a week and change away. As they say, good things come to those who wait. Coincidentally, that maxim also sums up the message of the set’s final pre-release single, Where Have You Been. On this tender, downtempo ballad, the singer/songwriter and producer reflects on the many years of heartbreak and frustration he experienced before finding the right girl, and marvels at how dope life has become now that she’s finally arrived. Destiny’s Child alum-turned-solo hitmaker Kelly Rowland plays the girl in question, handling the middle verse in addition to dueting with Dream on the final chorus and outro. Fans will be able to find Where Have You Been, the recently-released High Life, and many more fresh cuts on IV Play, set to hit record stores and online retailers next Tuesday (5/28) via Radio Killa/Def Jam/IDJMG.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.