A whopping three years after the release of junior album Love King, LP number four in The-Dream‘s Love series is just a week and change away. As they say, good things come to those who wait. Coincidentally, that maxim also sums up the message of the set’s final pre-release single, Where Have You Been. On this tender, downtempo ballad, the singer/songwriter and producer reflects on the many years of heartbreak and frustration he experienced before finding the right girl, and marvels at how dope life has become now that she’s finally arrived. Destiny’s Child alum-turned-solo hitmaker Kelly Rowland plays the girl in question, handling the middle verse in addition to dueting with Dream on the final chorus and outro. Fans will be able to find Where Have You Been, the recently-released High Life, and many more fresh cuts on IV Play, set to hit record stores and online retailers next Tuesday (5/28) via Radio Killa/Def Jam/IDJMG.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.