On his last feature, one of several cuts newly added for his forthcoming 1977 re-release, The-Dream illustrated an ex-girl’s destructive qualities by comparison to an AK47. So, why does he keep straying into the line of fire? The second bonus cut to hit the ‘net holds the answer: you can blame it on his Tender Tendencies. Backed by his own ebbing and flowing electronic production, Terius Nash engages in some soulful introspection, letting listeners glimpse him at his most vulnerable as he sorts through the insecurities that underlie all of his “bullsh*t and charm.” Watch for the retail version of Dream’s September 2011 street album to hit record stores and online retailers December 18 via Def Jam.
Written by richard on 11/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.