On his last feature, one of several cuts newly added for his forthcoming 1977 re-release, The-Dream illustrated an ex-girl’s destructive qualities by comparison to an AK47. So, why does he keep straying into the line of fire? The second bonus cut to hit the ‘net holds the answer: you can blame it on his Tender Tendencies. Backed by his own ebbing and flowing electronic production, Terius Nash engages in some soulful introspection, letting listeners glimpse him at his most vulnerable as he sorts through the insecurities that underlie all of his “bullsh*t and charm.” Watch for the retail version of Dream’s September 2011 street album to hit record stores and online retailers December 18 via Def Jam.
Written by richard on 11/26/12
Back in R&B’s glory days (god I sound old) the music was all about telling a story. Men didn’t just sing, they sang about love and loss, desire and anger. They told tales so cinematic they could have been made into...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.