Fun as it may be to do (what currently passes for) the Harlem Shake, idiotic arm-flailing and air-humping isn’t going to help get your partner in the mood. Of course, making romance requires not only the right moves, but an appropriate soundtrack. On his latest single, pop heavyweight The-Dream pleads with the DJ at the local spot: “Enough with the motherf**king dance songs / You’ve gotta Slow It Down.” The Radio Killa leads by example on the production tip, serving up a slow-winding synth beat to back him as he spits game to the shawty whose posterior has been on his mind all evening. NYC vet Fabolous assists on the guest tip, bringing his usual smoothness to the record’s closing verse. Fans will be able to find this sultry selection and much more on Terius Nash’s Fourplay LP, tentatively scheduled to drop May 7. In the meantime, those who haven’t already copped the project can hear more from Dream on the recently-released deluxe edition of 1977.
Radio Killa/Def Jam/IDJMG
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!