Fun as it may be to do (what currently passes for) the Harlem Shake, idiotic arm-flailing and air-humping isn’t going to help get your partner in the mood. Of course, making romance requires not only the right moves, but an appropriate soundtrack. On his latest single, pop heavyweight The-Dream pleads with the DJ at the local spot: “Enough with the motherf**king dance songs / You’ve gotta Slow It Down.” The Radio Killa leads by example on the production tip, serving up a slow-winding synth beat to back him as he spits game to the shawty whose posterior has been on his mind all evening. NYC vet Fabolous assists on the guest tip, bringing his usual smoothness to the record’s closing verse. Fans will be able to find this sultry selection and much more on Terius Nash’s Fourplay LP, tentatively scheduled to drop May 7. In the meantime, those who haven’t already copped the project can hear more from Dream on the recently-released deluxe edition of 1977.
Written by richard on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.