Fun as it may be to do (what currently passes for) the Harlem Shake, idiotic arm-flailing and air-humping isn’t going to help get your partner in the mood. Of course, making romance requires not only the right moves, but an appropriate soundtrack. On his latest single, pop heavyweight The-Dream pleads with the DJ at the local spot: “Enough with the motherf**king dance songs / You’ve gotta Slow It Down.” The Radio Killa leads by example on the production tip, serving up a slow-winding synth beat to back him as he spits game to the shawty whose posterior has been on his mind all evening. NYC vet Fabolous assists on the guest tip, bringing his usual smoothness to the record’s closing verse. Fans will be able to find this sultry selection and much more on Terius Nash’s Fourplay LP, tentatively scheduled to drop May 7. In the meantime, those who haven’t already copped the project can hear more from Dream on the recently-released deluxe edition of 1977.
Written by richard on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.