Fun as it may be to do (what currently passes for) the Harlem Shake, idiotic arm-flailing and air-humping isn’t going to help get your partner in the mood. Of course, making romance requires not only the right moves, but an appropriate soundtrack. On his latest single, pop heavyweight The-Dream pleads with the DJ at the local spot: “Enough with the motherf**king dance songs / You’ve gotta Slow It Down.” The Radio Killa leads by example on the production tip, serving up a slow-winding synth beat to back him as he spits game to the shawty whose posterior has been on his mind all evening. NYC vet Fabolous assists on the guest tip, bringing his usual smoothness to the record’s closing verse. Fans will be able to find this sultry selection and much more on Terius Nash’s Fourplay LP, tentatively scheduled to drop May 7. In the meantime, those who haven’t already copped the project can hear more from Dream on the recently-released deluxe edition of 1977.
Written by richard on 02/19/13
As an artist ages, they can become stuck in an ongoing battle with their fans. They want to change to stay relevant and explore new creative territory, their fans want more of the same music they first fell in love with....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.