Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Click “Listen” to watch The-Dream’s “ROC” video.
After a relatively quiet, but still quite successful 2011 (the self-proclaimed “Radio Killa” didn’t get a new album onto store shelves, but he did drop a number of fresh singles and an acclaimed mixtape), The-Dream is starting the New Year with a bang—in both the figurative and literal sense. Whereas Terius Nash’s recent work has tended toward the high-concept, from the tragicomic melodrama of Wedding Crasher, to the freaky double-header that was Body Work x F**k My Brains Out, new single ROC finds him setting aside the elaborate narratives and formal experimentation to craft a straight-up, mattress-creaking, headboard-knocking bedroom burner. Over his own sultry boardwork, a smooth blend of bouncy synth-bass, slow-rolling percussion and crisp guitar accents, the pop hitmaker soulfully narrates an epic lovemaking session, only departing from the script to toss out a few obligatory “Roc-a-Fella” puns. So readers, has The-Dream ROC-ed your world with his latest effort? Then won’t touch that dial—The Love IV: Diary of a Madman still lacks a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.