Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch The-Dream’s “Kill The Lights” video.
As oxygen is to breathing, as the sun is to sunlight, as Wiz Khalifa is to marijuana, The-Dream is to electronically infused, babymaking slow jams. It’s good to know some things just don’t change. Fresh off the release of his ROC video, Terius Nash is back and ready to help you put a bun in your lady’s oven with new single Kill the Lights. In typical Dream fashion, Light’s production is minimal, built around an appropriately grinding bass and drum line layered with heavily Prince-influenced synths. From there Nash returns to the same syrupy slow, semi-falsetto delivery we’ve come to love him for, urging his lady to flick that light switch and get to work. Speaking of ladies, most notably Lights is also an effective introduction to Dream’s RKR artist Casha, who brings a female perspective in equally measured and sultry bars. Something tells me this is far from the only babymaker fans can expect from his upcoming album, Love IVMMXII (fancy Roman numeral talk for “Love for 2012”), presumably coming out later this year. In the meantime, anxious fans can buy their tickets for the Kill the Lights tour right now!
Written by Nathan S. on 03/29/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.