Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch The-Dream’s “Kill The Lights” video.
As oxygen is to breathing, as the sun is to sunlight, as Wiz Khalifa is to marijuana, The-Dream is to electronically infused, babymaking slow jams. It’s good to know some things just don’t change. Fresh off the release of his ROC video, Terius Nash is back and ready to help you put a bun in your lady’s oven with new single Kill the Lights. In typical Dream fashion, Light’s production is minimal, built around an appropriately grinding bass and drum line layered with heavily Prince-influenced synths. From there Nash returns to the same syrupy slow, semi-falsetto delivery we’ve come to love him for, urging his lady to flick that light switch and get to work. Speaking of ladies, most notably Lights is also an effective introduction to Dream’s RKR artist Casha, who brings a female perspective in equally measured and sultry bars. Something tells me this is far from the only babymaker fans can expect from his upcoming album, Love IVMMXII (fancy Roman numeral talk for “Love for 2012”), presumably coming out later this year. In the meantime, anxious fans can buy their tickets for the Kill the Lights tour right now!
Written by Nathan S. on 03/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)