Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch The-Dream’s “Kill The Lights” video.
As oxygen is to breathing, as the sun is to sunlight, as Wiz Khalifa is to marijuana, The-Dream is to electronically infused, babymaking slow jams. It’s good to know some things just don’t change. Fresh off the release of his ROC video, Terius Nash is back and ready to help you put a bun in your lady’s oven with new single Kill the Lights. In typical Dream fashion, Light’s production is minimal, built around an appropriately grinding bass and drum line layered with heavily Prince-influenced synths. From there Nash returns to the same syrupy slow, semi-falsetto delivery we’ve come to love him for, urging his lady to flick that light switch and get to work. Speaking of ladies, most notably Lights is also an effective introduction to Dream’s RKR artist Casha, who brings a female perspective in equally measured and sultry bars. Something tells me this is far from the only babymaker fans can expect from his upcoming album, Love IVMMXII (fancy Roman numeral talk for “Love for 2012”), presumably coming out later this year. In the meantime, anxious fans can buy their tickets for the Kill the Lights tour right now!
Written by Nathan S. on 03/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.