Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
If you are having trouble deciphering the title of the latest effort from The-Dream, why not take a page from Bart Simpson’s book and look to the Rocky series for guidance? (Rocky IV is the one where he fights Drago, after facing Apollo Creed twice and Mr. T once.) In addition to indicating the album title to which it’s attached as the fourth in Nash’s Love series, “IV Play” stands for “foreplay.” Here, The-Dream channels a more traditional R&B vibe in contrast to his more experimental recent efforts. In his verses, the artist expresses his hate for the bedroom appetizer; he wants the main course right off the bat. Lucky for him, the record’s winding, hazy production and his high-pitched vocals should be all the foreplay his ladies will need. IV Play is the title track off The-Dream’s forthcoming album, set for a late May release via Def Jam.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The-Dream’s Director X-directed IV Play visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.