Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
If you are having trouble deciphering the title of the latest effort from The-Dream, why not take a page from Bart Simpson’s book and look to the Rocky series for guidance? (Rocky IV is the one where he fights Drago, after facing Apollo Creed twice and Mr. T once.) In addition to indicating the album title to which it’s attached as the fourth in Nash’s Love series, “IV Play” stands for “foreplay.” Here, The-Dream channels a more traditional R&B vibe in contrast to his more experimental recent efforts. In his verses, the artist expresses his hate for the bedroom appetizer; he wants the main course right off the bat. Lucky for him, the record’s winding, hazy production and his high-pitched vocals should be all the foreplay his ladies will need. IV Play is the title track off The-Dream’s forthcoming album, set for a late May release via Def Jam.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The-Dream’s Director X-directed IV Play visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.