Back in March, The-Dream provided a new, club-centric beat and guest vocals for a remix of Mariah Carey’s Touch My Body, the first single off the singer’s eleventh studio album, the platinum-selling E=MC² . Though DJBooth regulars were unable to reach a consensus as to whether or not Dream’s contributions were an improvement on the original, Carey clearly enjoyed working with the singer/songwriter/producer, as she recently returned the favor by jumping on board for a new record off his forthcoming sophomore LP, Love vs. Money. More romantic in tone than Dream’s previous two single selections, Let Me See the Booty and Rockin’ That Thang, My Love finds the two collaborators supporting each other unconditionally, regardless of what anyone else has to say about their relationship. LOS da Maestro’s production holds no surprises for those familiar with his previous work with Dream, but Mimi’s guest feature will no doubt spur increased sales when Love vs. Money hits stores on February 17th.
Written by richard on 01/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.