Back in March, The-Dream provided a new, club-centric beat and guest vocals for a remix of Mariah Carey’s Touch My Body, the first single off the singer’s eleventh studio album, the platinum-selling E=MC² . Though DJBooth regulars were unable to reach a consensus as to whether or not Dream’s contributions were an improvement on the original, Carey clearly enjoyed working with the singer/songwriter/producer, as she recently returned the favor by jumping on board for a new record off his forthcoming sophomore LP, Love vs. Money. More romantic in tone than Dream’s previous two single selections, Let Me See the Booty and Rockin’ That Thang, My Love finds the two collaborators supporting each other unconditionally, regardless of what anyone else has to say about their relationship. LOS da Maestro’s production holds no surprises for those familiar with his previous work with Dream, but Mimi’s guest feature will no doubt spur increased sales when Love vs. Money hits stores on February 17th.
Written by richard on 01/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.