When our own Nathan S. reviewed The-Dream‘s debut album, Love/Hate, in December of ‘07, he described the singer/songwriter/producer as Prince, R. Kelly, and T-Pain rolled into one artist, and this brand new record off the follow-up, Love vs. Money, sees him wearing the Purple One’s influence on his sleeve. As usual, Dream is out at the club with his eye on a special lady, but this time around, he can’t tell exactly what it is about her that has him Walking On The Moon. Kanye West chips in with a Stronger-esque (and Autotune-free) verse, but the futuristic co-production by West and LOS Da Maestro is what will launch it to the top of the charts – if the Radio Killa/Def Jam brass decide to make it a single, that is. For more out-of-this-world sounds, pick up a copy of Love vs. Money, due out in stores and online March 10.
Written by Burmy on 02/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.