When our own Nathan S. reviewed The-Dream‘s debut album, Love/Hate, in December of ‘07, he described the singer/songwriter/producer as Prince, R. Kelly, and T-Pain rolled into one artist, and this brand new record off the follow-up, Love vs. Money, sees him wearing the Purple One’s influence on his sleeve. As usual, Dream is out at the club with his eye on a special lady, but this time around, he can’t tell exactly what it is about her that has him Walking On The Moon. Kanye West chips in with a Stronger-esque (and Autotune-free) verse, but the futuristic co-production by West and LOS Da Maestro is what will launch it to the top of the charts – if the Radio Killa/Def Jam brass decide to make it a single, that is. For more out-of-this-world sounds, pick up a copy of Love vs. Money, due out in stores and online March 10.
Written by Burmy on 02/22/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.