When our own Nathan S. reviewed The-Dream‘s debut album, Love/Hate, in December of ‘07, he described the singer/songwriter/producer as Prince, R. Kelly, and T-Pain rolled into one artist, and this brand new record off the follow-up, Love vs. Money, sees him wearing the Purple One’s influence on his sleeve. As usual, Dream is out at the club with his eye on a special lady, but this time around, he can’t tell exactly what it is about her that has him Walking On The Moon. Kanye West chips in with a Stronger-esque (and Autotune-free) verse, but the futuristic co-production by West and LOS Da Maestro is what will launch it to the top of the charts – if the Radio Killa/Def Jam brass decide to make it a single, that is. For more out-of-this-world sounds, pick up a copy of Love vs. Money, due out in stores and online March 10.
Written by Burmy on 02/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)