When our own Nathan S. reviewed The-Dream‘s debut album, Love/Hate, in December of ‘07, he described the singer/songwriter/producer as Prince, R. Kelly, and T-Pain rolled into one artist, and this brand new record off the follow-up, Love vs. Money, sees him wearing the Purple One’s influence on his sleeve. As usual, Dream is out at the club with his eye on a special lady, but this time around, he can’t tell exactly what it is about her that has him Walking On The Moon. Kanye West chips in with a Stronger-esque (and Autotune-free) verse, but the futuristic co-production by West and LOS Da Maestro is what will launch it to the top of the charts – if the Radio Killa/Def Jam brass decide to make it a single, that is. For more out-of-this-world sounds, pick up a copy of Love vs. Money, due out in stores and online March 10.
Written by Burmy on 02/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.