Rockin’ That Thang, the second single off The-Dream‘s forthcoming sophomore album, has enjoyed a spot on our Top R&B Chart ever since we featured it on November 25th, ‘08. Seeing the record’s success, Brooklyn heavyweight Fabolous has jumped on its explicit version to create an unofficial remix with plenty of crossover appeal. Retaining C. Tricky Stewart and The-Dream‘s synth-laced production from the original, Fabo adds a new opening verse that, in keeping with the song’s theme, sees him sipping on cognac, mesmerized by the dance moves of one special shorty. It’s been quite a while (over a year, actually), since we’ve featured a record with Fabolous as the main artist, but that may change soon; his fifth album, Loso’s Way, is coming sometime in March. Dream’s Love vs. Money will be in listeners’ hands on the third of the same month.
Written by richard on 01/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.