Rockin’ That Thang, the second single off The-Dream‘s forthcoming sophomore album, has enjoyed a spot on our Top R&B Chart ever since we featured it on November 25th, ‘08. Seeing the record’s success, Brooklyn heavyweight Fabolous has jumped on its explicit version to create an unofficial remix with plenty of crossover appeal. Retaining C. Tricky Stewart and The-Dream‘s synth-laced production from the original, Fabo adds a new opening verse that, in keeping with the song’s theme, sees him sipping on cognac, mesmerized by the dance moves of one special shorty. It’s been quite a while (over a year, actually), since we’ve featured a record with Fabolous as the main artist, but that may change soon; his fifth album, Loso’s Way, is coming sometime in March. Dream’s Love vs. Money will be in listeners’ hands on the third of the same month.
Written by richard on 01/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.