Hoping to capitalize on the heat seeker success of Shawty Is A Ten, The-Dream gives it the inevitable hit single treatment and releases a remix. In this case, it is the usual: the original song with a guest rap feature (welcome Def Jam label mate, Fabolous). For this go-round, Loso happens to make his verse quite enjoyable, centering his first eight bars on the end rhyme and making them go together nicely. The-Dream’s debut album, Lovehate, is set to drop this October.
Written by Burmy on 09/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.