Singer/songwriter The-Dream follows-up his Shawty Is Da Shid tale with a secret about how he possibly nabbed up wifey, Nivea. In an interview with DJBooth.net last March, singer Marques Houston admitted that an R&B singer’s main female-finding tool is his falsetto voice. And just like the scene of a movie where it all begins to make sense… The-Dream explains that he has to use what the man upstairs blessed him with. Using an unexpected bridge full of roaring guitar chords (please don’t even think Party Like A Rockstar) to put it all together, The-Dream can’t get any more imaginative. Check for Falsetto on The-Dream’s debut album, Lovehate, dropping in October off Island Def Jam.
Written by DJ Z on 09/23/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.