When he isn’t penning lyrics for Usher, Janet or Mariah, The-Dream is busy continuing to promote his debut album, Love/Hate, which was released shortly before the holidays this past December. Riding high off the success of the album’s second single, Falsetto, the master songwriter has jumped into the studio with his partner in crime, C. Tricky Stewart, and together they have increased the tempo for the song’s remix. Fitting that Dream includes his “radio killa” opening to most of his tracks, because he does indeed have a strangle hold at radio. However, with this club-intended remix of Falsetto (the BPM counter got beefed up to 131), its clear he is looking to take control of another medium altogether.
Written by DJ Z on 02/20/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.