They say one good turn deserves another, so after The-Dream helped out Pusha T with a dope hook on the (inadvertently?) beef-starting Exodus 23:1, Pusha Ton decided to lend a hand with a dope verse on Dream’s new single, Dope B*tch. Yep, that’s a lot of dopeness. On first listen I had to double check to make sure Dream in fact produced Dope; yep, he did. In that case, Dope’s hard hitting drums and almost boom-bap roots are a significant departure from Dream’s usually swirling snyth sound. Who knew a Dream beat could hit this hard? On the mic though, Dream’s his usual self, laying down smooth line after smooth line in his semi-falsetto before delivering a sure-to-be-chanted hook. DJs, cue up that Dope Chick radio edit. Throw in yet another luxurious verse (word to Isabel Marant) from Pusha and you’ve got just the record that might finally earn Dream’s long-delayed Love IV MMXII album a solid release date. On that we’ll just have to wait and see – in the meantime, press play and take a hit of this dope s**t.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)