They say one good turn deserves another, so after The-Dream helped out Pusha T with a dope hook on the (inadvertently?) beef-starting Exodus 23:1, Pusha Ton decided to lend a hand with a dope verse on Dream’s new single, Dope B*tch. Yep, that’s a lot of dopeness. On first listen I had to double check to make sure Dream in fact produced Dope; yep, he did. In that case, Dope’s hard hitting drums and almost boom-bap roots are a significant departure from Dream’s usually swirling snyth sound. Who knew a Dream beat could hit this hard? On the mic though, Dream’s his usual self, laying down smooth line after smooth line in his semi-falsetto before delivering a sure-to-be-chanted hook. DJs, cue up that Dope Chick radio edit. Throw in yet another luxurious verse (word to Isabel Marant) from Pusha and you’ve got just the record that might finally earn Dream’s long-delayed Love IV MMXII album a solid release date. On that we’ll just have to wait and see – in the meantime, press play and take a hit of this dope s**t.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.