They say one good turn deserves another, so after The-Dream helped out Pusha T with a dope hook on the (inadvertently?) beef-starting Exodus 23:1, Pusha Ton decided to lend a hand with a dope verse on Dream’s new single, Dope B*tch. Yep, that’s a lot of dopeness. On first listen I had to double check to make sure Dream in fact produced Dope; yep, he did. In that case, Dope’s hard hitting drums and almost boom-bap roots are a significant departure from Dream’s usually swirling snyth sound. Who knew a Dream beat could hit this hard? On the mic though, Dream’s his usual self, laying down smooth line after smooth line in his semi-falsetto before delivering a sure-to-be-chanted hook. DJs, cue up that Dope Chick radio edit. Throw in yet another luxurious verse (word to Isabel Marant) from Pusha and you’ve got just the record that might finally earn Dream’s long-delayed Love IV MMXII album a solid release date. On that we’ll just have to wait and see – in the meantime, press play and take a hit of this dope s**t.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shawty Is A Ten" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.