As NY-based duo The Doppelgangaz set the stage for the release of their upcoming album HARK, our musical palate is considerably wet with their gritty new video single, Oh Well. If anyone can figure out the connection that the twosome has drawn between the cows, hooded black capes, tacos and frozen waterfalls that are shown in the video, kindly let the rest of us in on the secret. What is clear is that most of the video was shot in slow motion, which suits the duo’s surreal production with dream-like vocals looped as if they’re meant to lull you to sleep. If you’re getting a Gravediggaz/Boot Camp Clik vibe from these guys then you’re not too far off the mark. And if that’s your cup of brew then be sure to check out HARK, which will be previewed at The DJBooth on March 11, a day before it is released digitally for purchase at iTunes.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
Groggy Pack Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"At Night" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.