Fresh off lending their flows to R U Gonna Eat That, the Thanksgiving-themed video single from Marco Polo, The Doppelgangaz bounce back with the first official single off their next street album. Named for the chopped vocal sample running through the duo’s in-house production, Holla x 2 finds EP and Matter ov Fact rhyming over a cloudy keyboard loop and grimy breakbeat. Fans of the twosome’s oddball brand of punchline lyricism are sure to appreciate the surreal, often food-related quotables that pack their verses. They even pay lip service to one of the biggest food fads of the moment: “Cuttin’ out the beef, eat a ton of kale.” Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the February release of The Doppelgangaz’ Peace Kehd LP.
Groggy Pack Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"At Night" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!