Fresh off lending their flows to R U Gonna Eat That, the Thanksgiving-themed video single from Marco Polo, The Doppelgangaz bounce back with the first official single off their next street album. Named for the chopped vocal sample running through the duo’s in-house production, Holla x 2 finds EP and Matter ov Fact rhyming over a cloudy keyboard loop and grimy breakbeat. Fans of the twosome’s oddball brand of punchline lyricism are sure to appreciate the surreal, often food-related quotables that pack their verses. They even pay lip service to one of the biggest food fads of the moment: “Cuttin’ out the beef, eat a ton of kale.” Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the February release of The Doppelgangaz’ Peace Kehd LP.
Written by richard on 12/12/13
Submit your Rating
Groggy Pack Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"At Night" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.