Fresh off lending their flows to R U Gonna Eat That, the Thanksgiving-themed video single from Marco Polo, The Doppelgangaz bounce back with the first official single off their next street album. Named for the chopped vocal sample running through the duo’s in-house production, Holla x 2 finds EP and Matter ov Fact rhyming over a cloudy keyboard loop and grimy breakbeat. Fans of the twosome’s oddball brand of punchline lyricism are sure to appreciate the surreal, often food-related quotables that pack their verses. They even pay lip service to one of the biggest food fads of the moment: “Cuttin’ out the beef, eat a ton of kale.” Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the February release of The Doppelgangaz’ Peace Kehd LP.
Written by richard on 12/12/13
Groggy Pack Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"At Night" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.