Fresh off lending their flows to R U Gonna Eat That, the Thanksgiving-themed video single from Marco Polo, The Doppelgangaz bounce back with the first official single off their next street album. Named for the chopped vocal sample running through the duo’s in-house production, Holla x 2 finds EP and Matter ov Fact rhyming over a cloudy keyboard loop and grimy breakbeat. Fans of the twosome’s oddball brand of punchline lyricism are sure to appreciate the surreal, often food-related quotables that pack their verses. They even pay lip service to one of the biggest food fads of the moment: “Cuttin’ out the beef, eat a ton of kale.” Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the February release of The Doppelgangaz’ Peace Kehd LP.
Written by richard on 12/12/13
Submit your Rating
Groggy Pack Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"At Night" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.