What happens when a veteran duo from the West Coast hook up with a former powerhouse label from the South? You get Tha Dogg Pound’s signing to Cash Money Records. Just this month, rappers Kurupt and Daz inked a deal with Baby & Slim and will release their new album, Westcoast Aftershocc, under the Universal Motown umbrella. The first single from the album is the money making, Cha Ching. Using southern chopped n’ screwed elements; the song incorporates a rarely heard West Coast/Dirty South potpourri. Everyone wants to get that money and Tha Dogg Pound just made some loot.
Written by DJ Z on 08/29/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Candy (Drippin Like Water)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.