What happens when a veteran duo from the West Coast hook up with a former powerhouse label from the South? You get Tha Dogg Pound’s signing to Cash Money Records. Just this month, rappers Kurupt and Daz inked a deal with Baby & Slim and will release their new album, Westcoast Aftershocc, under the Universal Motown umbrella. The first single from the album is the money making, Cha Ching. Using southern chopped n’ screwed elements; the song incorporates a rarely heard West Coast/Dirty South potpourri. Everyone wants to get that money and Tha Dogg Pound just made some loot.
Written by DJ Z on 08/29/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Candy (Drippin Like Water)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.