A shiny, yellow mineral commonly found in Peru, Spain and South Africa, pyrite earned the nickname “Fools Gold” for its superficial resemblance to the rarer metal. When it comes to The Dividends’ debut single of the same name, on the other hand, what you hear is what you get; it sounds like a dope record, and that’s precisely what it is. Crew member S1 draws heavily from reggae and dub on the production tip, crafting a wavy beat that perfectly complements singer Sarah Jaffe‘s smooth, yet sardonic vocal performance. This laid-back indie jam is hardly Raekwon‘s usual fare, but the Wu-Tang veteran’s high-rolling guest rhymes (and fake patois-laced ad-libs) sound surprisingly natural here. Interest piqued? More eclectic cuts await on the duo’s Far From Away LP, scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date in 2014.
Written by richard on 12/12/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.