A shiny, yellow mineral commonly found in Peru, Spain and South Africa, pyrite earned the nickname “Fools Gold” for its superficial resemblance to the rarer metal. When it comes to The Dividends’ debut single of the same name, on the other hand, what you hear is what you get; it sounds like a dope record, and that’s precisely what it is. Crew member S1 draws heavily from reggae and dub on the production tip, crafting a wavy beat that perfectly complements singer Sarah Jaffe‘s smooth, yet sardonic vocal performance. This laid-back indie jam is hardly Raekwon‘s usual fare, but the Wu-Tang veteran’s high-rolling guest rhymes (and fake patois-laced ad-libs) sound surprisingly natural here. Interest piqued? More eclectic cuts await on the duo’s Far From Away LP, scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date in 2014.
Written by richard on 12/12/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.