Last week, I got back from vacation in Paris—did you miss me? Anyway, one of the most striking things about France’s capital was the locals’ knack for keeping it classy in casual circumstances, whether that meant wearing their Sunday best to the laundromat or bringing wine and cheese to a picnic in the park. In a similar spirit, Boston trio The Dean’s List enjoy some fine cognac with their burgers on Hennessy at Cookouts, single numero uno off their next album. Here, Alexander Mendoza serves up a soulfully pensive beat to back luxuriant yet determination-drenched bars from crewmates Sonny Shotz and Mik Beatz. The threesome’s first project through their newly-launched distribution channel, The Kings Dead, Jerusalem is scheduled for release September 17.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.