Last week, I got back from vacation in Paris—did you miss me? Anyway, one of the most striking things about France’s capital was the locals’ knack for keeping it classy in casual circumstances, whether that meant wearing their Sunday best to the laundromat or bringing wine and cheese to a picnic in the park. In a similar spirit, Boston trio The Dean’s List enjoy some fine cognac with their burgers on Hennessy at Cookouts, single numero uno off their next album. Here, Alexander Mendoza serves up a soulfully pensive beat to back luxuriant yet determination-drenched bars from crewmates Sonny Shotz and Mik Beatz. The threesome’s first project through their newly-launched distribution channel, The Kings Dead, Jerusalem is scheduled for release September 17.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.