Some smokers use weed to decompress from the daily grind, others find it enhances their creative abilities, and others simply enjoy the social rituals that accompany its use. Me? I’ve learned to avoid it entirely, because—I’ll admit it—I just can’t handle the stuff. One puff, and I’m transported to a place where normally-innocuous things like guitars and children’s cartoons are incredibly confusing and scary (don’t even get me started on how much Pink Floyd freaks me out), wondering, “What if I Never Come Down?!” On this new track, Kno, Deacon the Villain, and Natti of the CunninLynguists find themselves in a similar situation thanks to an unexpectedly potent batch of THC-fortified brownies—over Kno’s euphorically catchy classic rock instrumental, the Southern-rap vets chronicle their attempts to deal with the stratospheric high, packing their verses with hilariously discombobulated lyrical gems. My own unpleasant high school memories aside, this spaced-out cut is sure to earn acclaim from Booth regulars, whether stoned or straight; fans can find plenty more mind-altering jams on the ‘Lynguists’ Strange Journey Vol. 1 mixtape, released this past Wednesday.
Listen to More: CunninLynguists Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Georgia (Remix) ft. Khujo Goodie & Killer Mike" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.