Some smokers use weed to decompress from the daily grind, others find it enhances their creative abilities, and others simply enjoy the social rituals that accompany its use. Me? I’ve learned to avoid it entirely, because—I’ll admit it—I just can’t handle the stuff. One puff, and I’m transported to a place where normally-innocuous things like guitars and children’s cartoons are incredibly confusing and scary (don’t even get me started on how much Pink Floyd freaks me out), wondering, “What if I Never Come Down?!” On this new track, Kno, Deacon the Villain, and Natti of the CunninLynguists find themselves in a similar situation thanks to an unexpectedly potent batch of THC-fortified brownies—over Kno’s euphorically catchy classic rock instrumental, the Southern-rap vets chronicle their attempts to deal with the stratospheric high, packing their verses with hilariously discombobulated lyrical gems. My own unpleasant high school memories aside, this spaced-out cut is sure to earn acclaim from Booth regulars, whether stoned or straight; fans can find plenty more mind-altering jams on the ‘Lynguists’ Strange Journey Vol. 1 mixtape, released this past Wednesday.
Written by richard on 07/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Georgia (Remix) ft. Khujo Goodie & Killer Mike" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.