Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Young Focus-directed video.
Sharp and bitter where their peers are sweet and tart, the cranberry is the definition of an acquired taste; once you’ve accustomed yourself to the flavor, however, there’s nothing that hits the spot quite like a spoonful of cranberry sauce with your Thanksgiving turkey, or a tall glass of Ocean Spray. Similarly, while The Cranberry Show are a little, well, different from your average rap crew, those who give inaugural mixtape leak Traffic Lights (making its world premiere in the Booth!) a spin are likely to find their left-of-center style uniquely addicting. Here, The Smash Boiz’ brooding string/piano loops and ghostly backing vocals are the canvas on which Booth newcomers Young Focus and Arcane paint a portrait of lyrical excellence. In braggadociously laid-back bars, the Milwaukee natives show and tell exactly what set them apart from the pack, exhibiting a brainy rhyme style that makes the competition look like cavemen: “My mind is so advanced it’s wearing pants, while theirs is still stuck in that Neanderthal stance.” Interest piqued? Then stay tuned for further leaks leading up to the February 1, release of The Cranberry Show’s DonutsandMilk.com and DJBooth-sponsored street album, Paranormal Karaoke.
Written by richard on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.