Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Young Focus-directed video.
Sharp and bitter where their peers are sweet and tart, the cranberry is the definition of an acquired taste; once you’ve accustomed yourself to the flavor, however, there’s nothing that hits the spot quite like a spoonful of cranberry sauce with your Thanksgiving turkey, or a tall glass of Ocean Spray. Similarly, while The Cranberry Show are a little, well, different from your average rap crew, those who give inaugural mixtape leak Traffic Lights (making its world premiere in the Booth!) a spin are likely to find their left-of-center style uniquely addicting. Here, The Smash Boiz’ brooding string/piano loops and ghostly backing vocals are the canvas on which Booth newcomers Young Focus and Arcane paint a portrait of lyrical excellence. In braggadociously laid-back bars, the Milwaukee natives show and tell exactly what set them apart from the pack, exhibiting a brainy rhyme style that makes the competition look like cavemen: “My mind is so advanced it’s wearing pants, while theirs is still stuck in that Neanderthal stance.” Interest piqued? Then stay tuned for further leaks leading up to the February 1, release of The Cranberry Show’s DonutsandMilk.com and DJBooth-sponsored street album, Paranormal Karaoke.
Written by richard on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.