Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Young Focus-directed video.
Sharp and bitter where their peers are sweet and tart, the cranberry is the definition of an acquired taste; once you’ve accustomed yourself to the flavor, however, there’s nothing that hits the spot quite like a spoonful of cranberry sauce with your Thanksgiving turkey, or a tall glass of Ocean Spray. Similarly, while The Cranberry Show are a little, well, different from your average rap crew, those who give inaugural mixtape leak Traffic Lights (making its world premiere in the Booth!) a spin are likely to find their left-of-center style uniquely addicting. Here, The Smash Boiz’ brooding string/piano loops and ghostly backing vocals are the canvas on which Booth newcomers Young Focus and Arcane paint a portrait of lyrical excellence. In braggadociously laid-back bars, the Milwaukee natives show and tell exactly what set them apart from the pack, exhibiting a brainy rhyme style that makes the competition look like cavemen: “My mind is so advanced it’s wearing pants, while theirs is still stuck in that Neanderthal stance.” Interest piqued? Then stay tuned for further leaks leading up to the February 1, release of The Cranberry Show’s DonutsandMilk.com and DJBooth-sponsored street album, Paranormal Karaoke.
Written by richard on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)