The Cranberry Show calls Milwaukee home, but on Slumdog they take us across the world and give us a glimpse of slum life. On their newest song released, which premiered Monday at ThisIs50.com, the duo dons the personas of two slum hustlers who spend their days panhandling, stealing, and conning American tourists. TCS calls on the Smash Boiz, who produced the previously-featured Sail, for the instrumental and they deliver again with a bass heavy, Punjabi-inspired beat that even manages to sneak in a Drake sample. Not to be outdone by the boardwork, the pair bring their usual charisma, unique style, and wit, delivering lines like “Going over ni**as head call it that Gillette flow”. Slumdog isn’t attached to any project or album, but you can check out their Paranormal Karaoke album, which dropped in February, right here on The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.