The Cranberry Show calls Milwaukee home, but on Slumdog they take us across the world and give us a glimpse of slum life. On their newest song released, which premiered Monday at ThisIs50.com, the duo dons the personas of two slum hustlers who spend their days panhandling, stealing, and conning American tourists. TCS calls on the Smash Boiz, who produced the previously-featured Sail, for the instrumental and they deliver again with a bass heavy, Punjabi-inspired beat that even manages to sneak in a Drake sample. Not to be outdone by the boardwork, the pair bring their usual charisma, unique style, and wit, delivering lines like “Going over ni**as head call it that Gillette flow”. Slumdog isn’t attached to any project or album, but you can check out their Paranormal Karaoke album, which dropped in February, right here on The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/17/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.