The Cranberry Show calls Milwaukee home, but on Slumdog they take us across the world and give us a glimpse of slum life. On their newest song released, which premiered Monday at ThisIs50.com, the duo dons the personas of two slum hustlers who spend their days panhandling, stealing, and conning American tourists. TCS calls on the Smash Boiz, who produced the previously-featured Sail, for the instrumental and they deliver again with a bass heavy, Punjabi-inspired beat that even manages to sneak in a Drake sample. Not to be outdone by the boardwork, the pair bring their usual charisma, unique style, and wit, delivering lines like “Going over ni**as head call it that Gillette flow”. Slumdog isn’t attached to any project or album, but you can check out their Paranormal Karaoke album, which dropped in February, right here on The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)