The Cranberry Show calls Milwaukee home, but on Slumdog they take us across the world and give us a glimpse of slum life. On their newest song released, which premiered Monday at ThisIs50.com, the duo dons the personas of two slum hustlers who spend their days panhandling, stealing, and conning American tourists. TCS calls on the Smash Boiz, who produced the previously-featured Sail, for the instrumental and they deliver again with a bass heavy, Punjabi-inspired beat that even manages to sneak in a Drake sample. Not to be outdone by the boardwork, the pair bring their usual charisma, unique style, and wit, delivering lines like “Going over ni**as head call it that Gillette flow”. Slumdog isn’t attached to any project or album, but you can check out their Paranormal Karaoke album, which dropped in February, right here on The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/17/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)