The Cranberry Show calls Milwaukee home, but on Slumdog they take us across the world and give us a glimpse of slum life. On their newest song released, which premiered Monday at ThisIs50.com, the duo dons the personas of two slum hustlers who spend their days panhandling, stealing, and conning American tourists. TCS calls on the Smash Boiz, who produced the previously-featured Sail, for the instrumental and they deliver again with a bass heavy, Punjabi-inspired beat that even manages to sneak in a Drake sample. Not to be outdone by the boardwork, the pair bring their usual charisma, unique style, and wit, delivering lines like “Going over ni**as head call it that Gillette flow”. Slumdog isn’t attached to any project or album, but you can check out their Paranormal Karaoke album, which dropped in February, right here on The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/17/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.