When I prefaced my review of The Cranberry Show‘s first feature with the speculation that the Milwaukee duo’s sound might be as much of an acquired taste as their culinary namesake, I clearly underestimated the adventurousness of Booth readers’ palates. As it turned out, Traffic Lights left just about everyone craving another spoonful. Today, Young Focus and Arcane return with the world premiere of leak number two off their Booth-sponsored EP, a fresh cover/remix of Awolnation’s Sail. The Smash Boiz reprise their role behind the boards, flipping the rock/electronic group’s bluesy hit single into an ominous, hard-edged backdrop for some stress-relieving rhymes. While the twosome’s verses find them airing their frustrations with the music game and the ever-present haters, their quirky lyrical sensibility is still very much in evidence; who else would bust out a pun like, “You must be fresh out a penis ‘cause everything ain’t what it’s seemin’ (semen)” in the middle of an impassioned mic-therapy session? If you’re still hungry, more dopeness is right around the corner—The Cranberry Show’s Paranormal Karaoke LP, co-presented by DonutsandMilk.com, hits our mixtape page for free streaming/download this Tuesday, Feb. 1.
Written by richard on 01/29/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.