No doubt about it: The Cranberry Show are “on the brink of something huge.” How else do you explain the veritable meteor shower of five-star reviews that greeted their recent, DJBooth-sponsored mixtape release? Of course, success never comes without significant—and often painful—life changes. On newly-leaked project standout B.M.H. (Break My Heart), Milwaukee twosome take a break from the eccentric, punchline-driven material of their previously-featured cuts to deliver a poignant account of the conflict between career and romance. After Arcane says his goodbyes on the front, partner-in-rhyme Young Focus grabs the mic to offer a glimpse of the situation from the woman’s perspective: “And she says, ‘While you’re out doin’ shows with the BasedGod, I hope those new demons don’t replace God. / And I really hope that you don’t meet a biddy who’s a little more pretty with a great bod.’” Complete with the hook vocals of a uncredited female vocalist, this joint is just one of many fresh and innovative jams to be found on The Cranberry Show’s latest mixtape. Click here to stream or download Paranormal Karaoke for free in the Booth!
Written by richard on 02/7/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.