No doubt about it: The Cranberry Show are “on the brink of something huge.” How else do you explain the veritable meteor shower of five-star reviews that greeted their recent, DJBooth-sponsored mixtape release? Of course, success never comes without significant—and often painful—life changes. On newly-leaked project standout B.M.H. (Break My Heart), Milwaukee twosome take a break from the eccentric, punchline-driven material of their previously-featured cuts to deliver a poignant account of the conflict between career and romance. After Arcane says his goodbyes on the front, partner-in-rhyme Young Focus grabs the mic to offer a glimpse of the situation from the woman’s perspective: “And she says, ‘While you’re out doin’ shows with the BasedGod, I hope those new demons don’t replace God. / And I really hope that you don’t meet a biddy who’s a little more pretty with a great bod.’” Complete with the hook vocals of a uncredited female vocalist, this joint is just one of many fresh and innovative jams to be found on The Cranberry Show’s latest mixtape. Click here to stream or download Paranormal Karaoke for free in the Booth!
Written by richard on 02/7/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.