The Cool Kids are back with a swaggerific, speaker-busting, self-produced track off of their new EP, The Bake Sale (available today). DJBooth readers were first introduced to the Midwest’s Mikey Rocks and Chuck Inglish with their release of Black Mags, and the reception was enthusiastic to say the least. For those who felt the duo should get in work with the Neptunes, the Chicagoans’ screwed vocals, boom-pat kicks, and mixture of spoken and keyboard breaks on What Up Man showcases how The Cool Kids’ sound is so not N.E.R.D.-like. On the track, the kids explain how hard it is to maintain their cool on the daily, especially when the groceries are running low—but these guys make TV dinners, ice cream trucks and standing in the grocery store line look hip.
Listen to More: The Cool Kids
Written by Erica L. on 05/19/08
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.