The Cool Kids are back with a swaggerific, speaker-busting, self-produced track off of their new EP, The Bake Sale (available today). DJBooth readers were first introduced to the Midwest’s Mikey Rocks and Chuck Inglish with their release of Black Mags, and the reception was enthusiastic to say the least. For those who felt the duo should get in work with the Neptunes, the Chicagoans’ screwed vocals, boom-pat kicks, and mixture of spoken and keyboard breaks on What Up Man showcases how The Cool Kids’ sound is so not N.E.R.D.-like. On the track, the kids explain how hard it is to maintain their cool on the daily, especially when the groceries are running low—but these guys make TV dinners, ice cream trucks and standing in the grocery store line look hip.
Written by Erica L. on 05/19/08
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.