The Cool Kids are back with a swaggerific, speaker-busting, self-produced track off of their new EP, The Bake Sale (available today). DJBooth readers were first introduced to the Midwest’s Mikey Rocks and Chuck Inglish with their release of Black Mags, and the reception was enthusiastic to say the least. For those who felt the duo should get in work with the Neptunes, the Chicagoans’ screwed vocals, boom-pat kicks, and mixture of spoken and keyboard breaks on What Up Man showcases how The Cool Kids’ sound is so not N.E.R.D.-like. On the track, the kids explain how hard it is to maintain their cool on the daily, especially when the groceries are running low—but these guys make TV dinners, ice cream trucks and standing in the grocery store line look hip.
Listen to More: The Cool Kids
Written by Erica L. on 05/19/08
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.