Believe it or not, soft drink companies are buying into the music business. Mountain Dew has spearheaded the “free music download” concept, establishing a unique roster of up-and-coming artists who will release their tunes on the all-new Green Label Sound. Kicking off the initiative are eclectic Chicago duo, The Cool Kids, who have taken the hip-hop underground and the Net by storm this past year. “Green Label Sound is giving artists like ourselves an opportunity to get to a different scale than we were previously on,” said Mikey Rocks. Featured inside our DJBooth and available for free download is the label’s first “single-only” release, Delivery Man, which is also produced by the duo. The Cool Kids will wrap up their summer touring with two remaining dates on the Rock the Bells tour (8/21 in Denver and 9/6 in Washington).
Written by DJ Z on 08/21/08
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.