Believe it or not, soft drink companies are buying into the music business. Mountain Dew has spearheaded the “free music download” concept, establishing a unique roster of up-and-coming artists who will release their tunes on the all-new Green Label Sound. Kicking off the initiative are eclectic Chicago duo, The Cool Kids, who have taken the hip-hop underground and the Net by storm this past year. “Green Label Sound is giving artists like ourselves an opportunity to get to a different scale than we were previously on,” said Mikey Rocks. Featured inside our DJBooth and available for free download is the label’s first “single-only” release, Delivery Man, which is also produced by the duo. The Cool Kids will wrap up their summer touring with two remaining dates on the Rock the Bells tour (8/21 in Denver and 9/6 in Washington).
Written by DJ Z on 08/21/08
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.