Believe it or not, soft drink companies are buying into the music business. Mountain Dew has spearheaded the “free music download” concept, establishing a unique roster of up-and-coming artists who will release their tunes on the all-new Green Label Sound. Kicking off the initiative are eclectic Chicago duo, The Cool Kids, who have taken the hip-hop underground and the Net by storm this past year. “Green Label Sound is giving artists like ourselves an opportunity to get to a different scale than we were previously on,” said Mikey Rocks. Featured inside our DJBooth and available for free download is the label’s first “single-only” release, Delivery Man, which is also produced by the duo. The Cool Kids will wrap up their summer touring with two remaining dates on the Rock the Bells tour (8/21 in Denver and 9/6 in Washington).
Listen to More: The Cool Kids Written by DJ Z
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!