Believe it or not, soft drink companies are buying into the music business. Mountain Dew has spearheaded the “free music download” concept, establishing a unique roster of up-and-coming artists who will release their tunes on the all-new Green Label Sound. Kicking off the initiative are eclectic Chicago duo, The Cool Kids, who have taken the hip-hop underground and the Net by storm this past year. “Green Label Sound is giving artists like ourselves an opportunity to get to a different scale than we were previously on,” said Mikey Rocks. Featured inside our DJBooth and available for free download is the label’s first “single-only” release, Delivery Man, which is also produced by the duo. The Cool Kids will wrap up their summer touring with two remaining dates on the Rock the Bells tour (8/21 in Denver and 9/6 in Washington).
Written by DJ Z on 08/21/08
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.