In The Kings of Comedy, Steve Harvey doubts an audience member by the name of Boogie when he claims to make a living by attending “Computer School.” But, as Odd Future would say… you know the rest. Chuck Inglish and Sir Michael Rocks of The Cool Kids happens to have graduated from the same institution as Boogie, and they’re doing plenty well for themselves, as they emphasize on the lead single off their forthcoming reunion album (their first feature since the release of 2011’s When Fish Ride Bicycles LP). Over one of Inglish’s trademark throwback beats, the twosome stress their underappreciated role as trendsetters in the hip-hop game: “I’m the reason that these copy n**gas wanna be themselves / The reason that they put them Black Mags on their wheels.” Now that The Cool Kids are back, are you craving more? Then watch our pages for further singles and release details leading up to the unscheduled but imminent release of Shark Week.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.