In The Kings of Comedy, Steve Harvey doubts an audience member by the name of Boogie when he claims to make a living by attending “Computer School.” But, as Odd Future would say… you know the rest. Chuck Inglish and Sir Michael Rocks of The Cool Kids happens to have graduated from the same institution as Boogie, and they’re doing plenty well for themselves, as they emphasize on the lead single off their forthcoming reunion album (their first feature since the release of 2011’s When Fish Ride Bicycles LP). Over one of Inglish’s trademark throwback beats, the twosome stress their underappreciated role as trendsetters in the hip-hop game: “I’m the reason that these copy n**gas wanna be themselves / The reason that they put them Black Mags on their wheels.” Now that The Cool Kids are back, are you craving more? Then watch our pages for further singles and release details leading up to the unscheduled but imminent release of Shark Week.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.