After two years and plenty of buzz built among the “new old school” crowd, The Cool Kids are finally ready to drop their official debut album, When Fish Ride Bicycles (due out in late summer). On the official prelude, the Chicago duo have teamed up with producer/mixtape DJ Don Cannon to let the industry know that they’ve Gone Fishing and won’t hang up their lines till they’ve caught a lunker! With a unique style sure to earn them more respect (not to mention finer ladies) than their mainstream peers, the twosome are clearly musical Champions in the making. The steeze they showcase here is accompanied by a split-beat; during the verses, Chuck Inglish‘s percussion dominates, while the hook is backed by Cannon’s piano loop/synth boardwork. If you think this record’s a nice catch, hook yourself up with a copy of Gone Fishing, available for download at the duo’s website on Monday.
Written by Burmy on 05/3/09
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.