After two years and plenty of buzz built among the “new old school” crowd, The Cool Kids are finally ready to drop their official debut album, When Fish Ride Bicycles (due out in late summer). On the official prelude, the Chicago duo have teamed up with producer/mixtape DJ Don Cannon to let the industry know that they’ve Gone Fishing and won’t hang up their lines till they’ve caught a lunker! With a unique style sure to earn them more respect (not to mention finer ladies) than their mainstream peers, the twosome are clearly musical Champions in the making. The steeze they showcase here is accompanied by a split-beat; during the verses, Chuck Inglish‘s percussion dominates, while the hook is backed by Cannon’s piano loop/synth boardwork. If you think this record’s a nice catch, hook yourself up with a copy of Gone Fishing, available for download at the duo’s website on Monday.
Written by Burmy on 05/3/09
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.