When The Cool Kids first broke onto DJBooth’s pages, way back in 2007 with Black Mags if you can believe it, it seemed like only a matter of minutes until we were hit with their debut album. Three years and a long string of label problems later Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks are finally ready to drop their When Fish Ride Bicycles album, and to celebrate they’ve released new single Bundle Up. True to form Inglish cooks up a deeply minimalistic beat that crunches with huge kicks, sharp hi-hats and occasional synth lines. Would they sound right over anything else? On the mic Chuck and Mikey spit the same super-relaxed, anthemic and occasionally hilarious verses that first caught our collective ear drums way back when: “Comin fresh out the freezer / I’m clean to the Cesaer / only third grader in the school with a beeper.” Fish (will finally) Ride Bicycles this spring when the Kids partner with Green Label Sound to release their long-awaited album. Until then, bundle up, it’s cold out there.
Listen to More: The Cool Kids Written by Nathan S.
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.