When The Cool Kids first broke onto DJBooth’s pages, way back in 2007 with Black Mags if you can believe it, it seemed like only a matter of minutes until we were hit with their debut album. Three years and a long string of label problems later Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks are finally ready to drop their When Fish Ride Bicycles album, and to celebrate they’ve released new single Bundle Up. True to form Inglish cooks up a deeply minimalistic beat that crunches with huge kicks, sharp hi-hats and occasional synth lines. Would they sound right over anything else? On the mic Chuck and Mikey spit the same super-relaxed, anthemic and occasionally hilarious verses that first caught our collective ear drums way back when: “Comin fresh out the freezer / I’m clean to the Cesaer / only third grader in the school with a beeper.” Fish (will finally) Ride Bicycles this spring when the Kids partner with Green Label Sound to release their long-awaited album. Until then, bundle up, it’s cold out there.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/24/11
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.