When The Cool Kids first broke onto DJBooth’s pages, way back in 2007 with Black Mags if you can believe it, it seemed like only a matter of minutes until we were hit with their debut album. Three years and a long string of label problems later Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks are finally ready to drop their When Fish Ride Bicycles album, and to celebrate they’ve released new single Bundle Up. True to form Inglish cooks up a deeply minimalistic beat that crunches with huge kicks, sharp hi-hats and occasional synth lines. Would they sound right over anything else? On the mic Chuck and Mikey spit the same super-relaxed, anthemic and occasionally hilarious verses that first caught our collective ear drums way back when: “Comin fresh out the freezer / I’m clean to the Cesaer / only third grader in the school with a beeper.” Fish (will finally) Ride Bicycles this spring when the Kids partner with Green Label Sound to release their long-awaited album. Until then, bundle up, it’s cold out there.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/24/11
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.