When The Cool Kids first broke onto DJBooth’s pages, way back in 2007 with Black Mags if you can believe it, it seemed like only a matter of minutes until we were hit with their debut album. Three years and a long string of label problems later Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks are finally ready to drop their When Fish Ride Bicycles album, and to celebrate they’ve released new single Bundle Up. True to form Inglish cooks up a deeply minimalistic beat that crunches with huge kicks, sharp hi-hats and occasional synth lines. Would they sound right over anything else? On the mic Chuck and Mikey spit the same super-relaxed, anthemic and occasionally hilarious verses that first caught our collective ear drums way back when: “Comin fresh out the freezer / I’m clean to the Cesaer / only third grader in the school with a beeper.” Fish (will finally) Ride Bicycles this spring when the Kids partner with Green Label Sound to release their long-awaited album. Until then, bundle up, it’s cold out there.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/24/11
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.