Coming straight from Illinois are underground rap duo, The Cool Kids. The group (consisting of Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks) take an unusual stance towards hip-hop, as they state they are fans first and artists second, and that their goal is to make hip-hop fun to listen to once again. Taking a turn, similar to what The Pack did by putting out Vans, they release the new single, Black Mags (magnesium alloy wheels found on bicycles,) from their upcoming independent album The Bake Sale. The duo goes so far to even brag about how fresh they are and how they impress all the finest ladies with their bikes. Complemented perfectly by a Neptunes-sounding beat (also done by the duo,) look for this song to make the Cool Kids the most popular teenagers gettin’ their gwap on.
Written by Burmy on 07/6/07
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block (Remix) ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Cool Kids" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.