Coming straight from Illinois are underground rap duo, The Cool Kids. The group (consisting of Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks) take an unusual stance towards hip-hop, as they state they are fans first and artists second, and that their goal is to make hip-hop fun to listen to once again. Taking a turn, similar to what The Pack did by putting out Vans, they release the new single, Black Mags (magnesium alloy wheels found on bicycles,) from their upcoming independent album The Bake Sale. The duo goes so far to even brag about how fresh they are and how they impress all the finest ladies with their bikes. Complemented perfectly by a Neptunes-sounding beat (also done by the duo,) look for this song to make the Cool Kids the most popular teenagers gettin’ their gwap on.
Written by Burmy on 07/6/07
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block (Remix) ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Cool Kids" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.