Seeing as this is their first Booth feature, it’s OK if you haven’t heard of The Come Up Boys. What about this guy named Mac Miller, though? Ever heard of him? Well, it just so happens that the duo is signed to the indie sensation’s newly-formed REMember Music label. Describing them in that context is helpful, but doesn’t do them justice. On Happy New Year, they prove they can stand on their own two… or four, I guess. Atop Rich Kidd‘s clapping, strident beat, the pair spit a few party-ready, liquor-drenched bars. Don’t let the soiree-centered lyrics fool you, though; their forceful, brash flows give the record a low-key, gritty vibe. Happy New Year is a standout track and B-side off The Come Up Boys’ newly-released Year of the Come Up EP, released for free on Wednesday via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.