Seeing as this is their first Booth feature, it’s OK if you haven’t heard of The Come Up Boys. What about this guy named Mac Miller, though? Ever heard of him? Well, it just so happens that the duo is signed to the indie sensation’s newly-formed REMember Music label. Describing them in that context is helpful, but doesn’t do them justice. On Happy New Year, they prove they can stand on their own two… or four, I guess. Atop Rich Kidd‘s clapping, strident beat, the pair spit a few party-ready, liquor-drenched bars. Don’t let the soiree-centered lyrics fool you, though; their forceful, brash flows give the record a low-key, gritty vibe. Happy New Year is a standout track and B-side off The Come Up Boys’ newly-released Year of the Come Up EP, released for free on Wednesday via Audiomack.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.