Seeing as this is their first Booth feature, it’s OK if you haven’t heard of The Come Up Boys. What about this guy named Mac Miller, though? Ever heard of him? Well, it just so happens that the duo is signed to the indie sensation’s newly-formed REMember Music label. Describing them in that context is helpful, but doesn’t do them justice. On Happy New Year, they prove they can stand on their own two… or four, I guess. Atop Rich Kidd‘s clapping, strident beat, the pair spit a few party-ready, liquor-drenched bars. Don’t let the soiree-centered lyrics fool you, though; their forceful, brash flows give the record a low-key, gritty vibe. Happy New Year is a standout track and B-side off The Come Up Boys’ newly-released Year of the Come Up EP, released for free on Wednesday via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.