Seeing as this is their first Booth feature, it’s OK if you haven’t heard of The Come Up Boys. What about this guy named Mac Miller, though? Ever heard of him? Well, it just so happens that the duo is signed to the indie sensation’s newly-formed REMember Music label. Describing them in that context is helpful, but doesn’t do them justice. On Happy New Year, they prove they can stand on their own two… or four, I guess. Atop Rich Kidd‘s clapping, strident beat, the pair spit a few party-ready, liquor-drenched bars. Don’t let the soiree-centered lyrics fool you, though; their forceful, brash flows give the record a low-key, gritty vibe. Happy New Year is a standout track and B-side off The Come Up Boys’ newly-released Year of the Come Up EP, released for free on Wednesday via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/9/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.