Judging by the many four and five-star reviews the duo earned for their last single, Booth regulars didn’t really need to be reminded that The Clipse‘s return to the spotlight was Kinda Like a Big Deal. Confident that their fanbase remains as sizable, and as devoted as ever, Malice and Pusha T take their second official single as an opportunity to simply kick back and enjoy their financial security. Being that we’re in the middle of a recession, I’m Good will be a difficult jam for many of us to relate to, but that’s only a minor mark against a record with a whole lot going for it. It’s hard not to sound good over an instrumental as ear-pleasing as this cut’s glossy, Neptunes-produced beat, but the twosome certainly aren’t sunbathing on the job; the brothers freshen up the time-tested topics of cash, clothes, cars, and women with plenty of their trademark deadpan swagger, as well as a few vivid similes (“...swimmin’ through the streets, lookin’ like I’m Shamu…”). I’m Good is lighter fare than the duo’s previous single, but its summer-jam vibe is sure to stir up yet more buzz for Till the Casket Drops, set to hit stores September 8th.
Written by richard on 06/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)