Judging by the many four and five-star reviews the duo earned for their last single, Booth regulars didn’t really need to be reminded that The Clipse‘s return to the spotlight was Kinda Like a Big Deal. Confident that their fanbase remains as sizable, and as devoted as ever, Malice and Pusha T take their second official single as an opportunity to simply kick back and enjoy their financial security. Being that we’re in the middle of a recession, I’m Good will be a difficult jam for many of us to relate to, but that’s only a minor mark against a record with a whole lot going for it. It’s hard not to sound good over an instrumental as ear-pleasing as this cut’s glossy, Neptunes-produced beat, but the twosome certainly aren’t sunbathing on the job; the brothers freshen up the time-tested topics of cash, clothes, cars, and women with plenty of their trademark deadpan swagger, as well as a few vivid similes (“...swimmin’ through the streets, lookin’ like I’m Shamu…”). I’m Good is lighter fare than the duo’s previous single, but its summer-jam vibe is sure to stir up yet more buzz for Till the Casket Drops, set to hit stores September 8th.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.